Sunday, July 10, 2011

Paris Crashing...

Friday afternoon I noticed that Paris was just 'off her feed' for some reason... Normally she is the first one out to the food bowl when I set it down... I tried all kinds of enticing things to get her to eat, but by the end of Friday evening, Paris had only eaten just a little bit (in total) throughout the day... 

Early Saturday morning, I went into their Xpen to clean up and feed - three puppies came bouncing out and then Vienna, but no Paris... I looked inside their 'den' and at first glance I thought Paris had passed away in the middle of the night... I lifted her up out of the blankets and her body was completely limp in my hand... 

I feel for a heart beat and have one - scream for Desiree and tell her to grab her keys, run, don't walk, head off to Dr. Slaton's office at WLVAH NOW~!!!  As I'm grabbing the phone to alert them Desiree and Paris are on their way, my heart has sunk to the pit of my stomach, kicking myself... Asking myself what did I miss?  I'd pumped up her nutritional needs from the start - did I over do it?  Did my concern for her smaller than small size cloud my judgment and I missed something obvious?


I continued to check on Paris throughout the day via phone and all they can tell me is that they have her on IV fluids at this point, but she is still alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment